Why I'm Hosting A Tabletop Campaign

talk about current events or just what's on your mind
Pastamancer
make the posts

Why I'm Hosting A Tabletop Campaign

Post by Pastamancer » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:17 am

This may seem kind of sudden, but I'm writing an edgy and condescending three-point bulletin on what precisely you need to know to hop into a tabletop campaign and why I'm doing it. You know, so it's easy for you to understand why I'm doing this after all of these years.

What is it
I'm running Pokemon Tabletop United, a tabletop system based on the Pokemon series. The system is a fan project and has never been sold anywhere. Where can you get it? You can get it online, however, I have a Google Drive with every book you will need for this campaign here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Who can join
Anyone in the Discord who can show up once a week is invited. Ideally, I can have four people at the maximum for this campaign. Any more and I'm warned the system can really drag on in combat and such. I have not decided what day to play on, and I'm flexible, but it will be weekly and definitely not on Tuesdays. Other things I ask of people signing up are simple: Let me know what days work best for you, have at least a few hours to set aside for that day a week, and be patient with me. I have never GMed a tabletop game before, so I'll be consulting some of my friends on how to make it a fun and enjoyable experience for everyone.

Other questions I expect
How long do I expect the campaign to last? I have no idea, I want to run it as long as I can manage it. It could end up being a flop and have one or two sessions, or it could last for a few months, or, if you guys want it to, it can last for over a year.
How will I deal with players who quit? This is simple! I'll work with someone on what they want done with their character if they get tired of the campaign. From there I either would find a new player, or if the group seems like it's fine at three, I'll keep it at three.
What gave you the idea to suddenly start a campaign? I've been really enjoying the campaign my friend Skoom has been running, and when talking about the system in Discord I saw at least a couple of people express interest in playing in a tabletop campaign. Knowing that no one else was going to step up to the plate, I decided to try my hand at it.

That's all. Thanks for reading.
If you have any questions, ask me on discord. I'm not an angry person, but if you really think about it, only someone who's really fucking immature and mad assures someone they're not angry and acts like they're better than everyone else.

Wait a minute

bobzearth42
nice poster
nice poster

Re: Why I'm Hosting A Tabletop Campaign

Post by bobzearth42 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:28 pm

i'd certainly be interested in giving it a shot, tho since my schedule is a bit on the completely random side i'd understand if you'd rather have someone who could consistently make certain days lmao

Isoprene
blazin poster
blazin poster

Re: Why I'm Hosting A Tabletop Campaign

Post by Isoprene » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:25 pm

i am DEFFO interested, though it's worth noting i can't do voice chat and have never played a tabletop game in my entire life nor have i ever been able to watch people play one so i will require a fuckton of babying & will require a text option

my schedule atm means that i probably can't play on tuesday and thursday nights because i don't get home & back from dinner until like 8 pm. it's also worth noting that my schedule is really hectic atm and i'll be unavailable most nights for the foreseeable future because of being behind on school projects BUT i dunno how soon you were planning on doing this... i get out of school the week of may 10th so for all i know by the time this starts my school schedule won't be an obstacle anyway (:

but yeah i like pokemans