Observation file: Icicle

i drew a picture of a flower once
Tsuki
nice poster
nice poster

Observation file: Icicle

Post by Tsuki » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:54 pm

I am Zero. An ancient entity from a universe that has long since come to an end. It is my duty to observe and document the events of other universes, and to never interfere, except when deemed absolutely necessary, for the preservation of my observations. This is a short document about my studies of a peculiar life form found during my observations.

Perhaps it was sheer luck that I had come upon something familiar from a previous study. A single silvery gem lay on the ground in a lush tropical jungle, glistening in a rare ray of light that made it's way to the forest's floor. Immediately, I knew that it was one of the seven World Gems, giving off the same kind of energy that was felt before. Curious, how it ended up here, and with no signs of the other 6, nor the World Core. It was then that I noticed an anomaly not far off from the location of the World Gem, a cave that had been frozen over. It was unusual to see such a cold place in an otherwise hot climate. This needed immediate investigation.

The cave was once home to a family of bats, that now hung frozen to the ceiling. What was once an underground waterfall was now a pillar of ice. And hanging from the ceiling, amidst the frozen bats, a single large icicle, with a spark of life I was all too familiar with. It would seem that the Icicle entity was the source of the sheer cold within this cave.

Several months had passed, during which the range of the cold continued to spread, killing off a vast majority of the jungle here. During this time, I would hear whispering of regret and loneliness emanate from the Icicle. It would appear that it's growing freezing effect was something it was doing involuntarily, and to it's own detriment. It was then that the Icicle fell, shattering upon the ground, and then coalescing into the form of a humanoid. It swiftly traveled north, into the mountains, and into the caldera of a large volcano, home to a unique specie of dragon.

It would seem that the intended outcome was for the entity to melt and die within the heat of the volcano, but the effect was much the same as what was in the jungle, the volcano's magma hardened, and the region was met with the same growing cold. It is unfortunate that this entity lives this way, but I am unable to intervene. May you find a way to free yourself from this curse, little Icicle, and may you find your long wished for love.