bobz does a game

i drew a picture of a flower once
bobzearth42
nice poster
nice poster

bobz does a game

Post by bobzearth42 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:33 pm

possibly

i got kind of a goofy idea for a game b/c i was just kinda dickin around in unity

will anything come of this? only time will tell

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SrDjfs ... ehXZt/view

play it in windowed mode for now b/c you can't close it otherwise

input is wads or arrow keys by default, the window that opens at the start lets you configure that if you want

mostly rn i'm just lookin for feedback; how's it feel to control? too slippery/fast/slow/Weird/etc.?

more to come (?)

bobzearth42
nice poster
nice poster

Re: bobz does a game

Post by bobzearth42 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:22 pm

version the next one is here

-enemies added
-you can push shift to do a boost; it's kinda janky b/c i didn't really actually focus on it a lot (threw it in and forgot about it tbh), 99% of this build is just me making it so that the collectables bouncing off the walls works more variably (long story short i've spent like 200 hours in the past two days struggling with Math Stuff (vectors) in order to just have the little cubes know where walls are and bounce off them. it took an absurdly long time to do what feels like basic ass shit and i bet there was an easier way to just do it in unity but it's working and that's all i care about b/c now i can throw in walls wherever i want and they'll Just Work)
-i added two walls in the middle! it took fuckin forever to get them to work right but i did it
-but they're not 100% done still b/c the little cubes spawn inside it sometimes. that's a goal for prolly next time.
-no menus or a way to close the game without just hitting the red x so still don't play the game fullscreen

obvs i still don't expect a lot of super useful feedback but really i'm moreso putting these builds out there so i have things out there and can go "yeah. i did that thing." but i'll still 100% take whatever feedback anybody feels they want to give

one day i'll have more menus and stuff so it's more of like... an actual game. that might be my goal for the next build? we'll see